Any one using the NF 2.5-10x42?

schwabdog

G'day
any one using the NF 2.5-10x42? what do you think about it!
looking for a scope for a backpack set up that can be used for stalking and max 700m shots, in low light conditions..

I've all ways used a 50mm objective wondering how the 42mm would stand up in field of view and in low light.

Any info on this scop will be much appreciated

cheers

I've been running this scope since they became available. I've hunting them pretty hard in Alaska, WY, MN and New Zealand so far. (Yes, retirement is a tough job, but some one has to do it!)

I love this scope, but it's not the lightest tough scope option out there. I've use dit on game out to 267 yards and in lower light conditions with absolutely no issues. Plenty of light, great illuminatiopn, positive clicks if you chose to dial.

I've used it on the range to 600 yards on my hunting rifles for practice and it also performs well there.

Like I said, great performance and no issues in the field. You'll love it as a tough and good performing scope.

I been using one this week. There is no problem on a good rifle shooting to 1000 yards and holding 1/2 to 3/4 moa. 700 yards on game is of NO issue. It is bright, clear and very easy to get in the eye box. Might be just the perfect scope where weight and ease of getting in a scabbard is a concern. Definitely a tough scope. Turrets are definite and defined, power lever can be used or removed but offers easy movement while looking through the scope. You get the choice of green or red or back to green for reticle illumination , as well as intensity at a push of a button, once you learn the sequence.

My only complaint is the size of the reticle. They down sized it like the earlier design in the 2.5x10x32. It is usable, but I would prefer a full screen view like in the other NXS models. This smaller version that only takes up the center portion of the field of view reminds me of the view through a FFP on lower powers, and that is not one bit appealing to me at all.

Jeff

I've been running this scope since they became available. I've hunting them pretty hard in Alaska, WY, MN and New Zealand so far. (Yes, retirement is a tough job, but some one has to do it!)

I love this scope, but it's not the lightest tough scope option out there. I've use dit on game out to 267 yards and in lower light conditions with absolutely no issues. Plenty of light, great illuminatiopn, positive clicks if you chose to dial.

I've used it on the range to 600 yards on my hunting rifles for practice and it also performs well there.

Like I said, great performance and no issues in the field. You'll love it as a tough and good performing scope.

thanks, dependently after a tuff scope.

I been using one this week. There is no problem on a good rifle shooting to 1000 yards and holding 1/2 to 3/4 moa. 700 yards on game is of NO issue. It is bright, clear and very easy to get in the eye box. Might be just the perfect scope where weight and ease of getting in a scabbard is a concern. Definitely a tough scope. Turrets are definite and defined, power lever can be used or removed but offers easy movement while looking through the scope. You get the choice of green or red or back to green for reticle illumination , as well as intensity at a push of a button, once you learn the sequence.

My only complaint is the size of the reticle. They down sized it like the earlier design in the 2.5x10x32. It is usable, but I would prefer a full screen view like in the other NXS models. This smaller version that only takes up the center portion of the field of view reminds me of the view through a FFP on lower powers, and that is not one bit appealing to me at all.

Jeff

thanks Jeff, the thing I know if I do buy this scope having owned 2 other NF scopes is they don't lose Zero... I would go the mil dot reticle and with mil turrets. what dose a deer head look like at 600m? have any problems when game is surrounded with scrub? cheers

Great little scope! I've ran a mil/mil version for just over a year now and I really like mine. I agree w/ everything Broz wrote, as usual he's spot on. I recently transferred it to a bolt gun but they are great on gassers too.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.