Any on game results with the Accu-Bonds

G

I was wandering if anybody has any of game resluts with the new Accu-Bond bullets I'm thinking about maybe a good elk load for the 300Win mag

All results for any caliber would be great

my buddy just back from africa-all he shot was the 225g in a .338rum and the 200g in a 300wsm.weight retention was 60-65%[the ones that were recovered,alot were pass throughs] even in the .338rum,with impact velocities still really high.they look like recovered partitions,with much better accuracy.i have worked with them in several rifles and they shoot very well.they will do what u want them to do an elk,providing u hit them right-from what i have seen-my-2-dave

JD
I took 7 whitetail and 1 coyote last deer season with the 200 gr. Accubond out of a 300 win mag. All were 1 shot kills rangeing from 40-350 yards. Only recovered 1 bullet, it was a perfect little mushroom that weighed about 140 grs.
Chris

Thanks alot guys , I'm gonna get a box of the 180's and 200 to see what my 300 likes best , I'm just looking for a good bullet for Elk out to 600 or so , I'm thinking that a 200 gr launched at 3000fps should have plenty of bump at 500-600yds with better accuracy than the Partitions.

JD,

Guys are having good luck with 75 to 77 grains RL22 with the 180 grain accubonds, and great luck with H4831 with the 200s (some are sticking with RL22 for the 200s, but my 300WM did not like that combo at all). I am seating about .01" off the lands, but accuracy was pretty consistant from on the lands to about .015, then accuracy started to drop off.

I shot a small 5x6 bull elk at 512 yards with the 200g Accubond last season out of my .300 RUM. They are only doing a tad over 3100, but that elk was standing dead on his feet after the first shot. Put another into him for insurance reasons. Both bullets exited and the only place the elk went was down. This load is also extremely accurate. The day before elk season, I put a 3 shot group into 1.5" at 525 yards.

JD
I took two black bears this spring with the 180's out of my Warbird. The first was right at 500yrds through the chest and the bullet wasn't recovered. The second was at about 70yrds right under the chin. Big mess but bullet exited and no large chunks were found. I'm pushing these bullets at an honest 3500fps and getting good accuracy out to 1000yrds. I'm sure they should work just fine for you.

http://www.varminthunters.com/cgi-bin/anyboard.cgi?fvp=/ggvg&cmd=get&cG=432373133353&zu=343237313335&v=2&gV=0

Here's a link to another site that is having a similar discussion about the Accubonds. I thought this might be helpful for you. I plan in using them for elk myself this fall
cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.