Any Moose and Caribou hunters?

kc

Just wondering where we could post questions for the hunters of our great beasts
Moose and Caribou..

I have a few friends in Quebec that I have known for many years and they ask(tell) me to stop in during season and bring all my equipment for Hunting. Man! I would love to go. they use
quads to drive in to camp and use a boat to get to there main camp. but they drive a long way
by road. My bigest fear would me going face down for my back..I would do it, but I would pay.
They promised me if I were there in the Moose season I would bring home one.

I can't get pictures to post for some reason. I will keep trying, never had an issue before.--edit--got it to work. How many pics and what sort do you want? I have had quite a few successful hunts with those two critters.

If you can go on a moose hunt with your buddies helping you I highly recommend it. For those on the outside it is generally a once in a lifetime hunt. If you do it unguided the your success rate is very low unless you spend a ton of money and know where to go and how to judge moose size.

The same goes for caribou but the success rates are much higher on self-guided hunts.

Do some searches on this website and you will find a few posts about moose hunts in the Northern Territory.

Last edited:
moose2.jpg

James_Moose.jpg

63" moose. Chased him three weekends in a row with my bow and never got close enough. I played a stupid cat and mouse game with him until he tired me out. When rifle season opened it was a quick kill at 20yds with the 45-70. I wish I had packed my bow as well that day!

Isnt that how it goes. lol Out of range until you have something to reach out there and then their closer than ever. Congrats, at least you got him. Would love to be doing that.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts