any info on a cz ultra lux 28.6 " barrel .22lr

bob nailer

hi guys
anybody know about a 28.6 " barrel that cz bring out ,how would it go as a long\r plinker . what speeds would come out of that baby
cheers lads
bob;)

I don't have one, but I've read a bit about them on other forums. The velocity will be low since most 22LR rounds are fastest out of a shorter( 16-18inch) barrel. There are two cool things about this gun. One, is that the long barrel uses up all of the available energy, and so the shot is really quiet. They say standard 22 rounds will sound silenced. So for $300, you have a backyard or hunting gun that doesn't need another $200 and ATF approval. The other thing about it, is the long barrel gives a long sight alignment, and thus, is very accurate with open sights. For 50yd group shooting, you can take on the people with scopes.

Gene

hi guys
anybody know about a 28.6 " barrel that cz bring out ,how would it go as a long\r plinker . what speeds would come out of that baby
cheers lads
bob;)
i had one 3 years ago the Ladder sight went 50 or 100 Meters farther the the stanard ladder sight and i loved the rubber pad makes it look like a REAL rifle,the ONLY reason i DONT still have it is because I am LAZY thats a lot of work running tha bolt all day when plinkin! i like auto loaders.i have a Volquartsen,wish i could get a 100 rd mag cut a hole in the shooting bench and start shootin.buts that another story.john

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.