Any good? Whidden Gunworks Click Adjustable Sizer Bushing 2-Die Set

I use the click bushing die in 6.5CM. Came with the five different bushing size kit with it, I've used three of them so far and everything looks good and fits together correctly. I get consistent sizing if I run the cases all through at once without taking the die out of the press. After the die is removed and put back in later it's been within 0.001" repeatable, which is notionally inside the click adjustment range so the lock ring is holding correctly. The click function is helpful but not a game changer. The headspace comparator it comes with is better than Hornady IMO, I appreciate that they'd include that with a die.

For the above reasons I would recommend it as an upgrade over a FL die, but I'd also say it's not different enough to justify the cost if you already have a quality FL bushing or bump die. I would have more use for a Redding mic neck bushing die for a bench rifle because I can get similar shoulder bump from other dies, and the Whidden die isn't any better at managing the length of neck sizing than any other bushing die with a non-mic stem for the bushing.

I have not used a Whidden seating die.

@QuietTexan - how was the neck runout when using a bushing in the
Whidden die?
0.001" or better so far. I sized non-turned Lapua brass through the die and .289 bushing, measured 0.0005" full movement.

But that brass also measured about that good right before sizing. This particular lot of brass has only ever been sized in this die, never had a neck sizing button pulled up through it, has always been expanded with a mandrel before loading, annealed, and I've used either a Redding comp seating die or Wilson in line seating die. I really do think all of those matter. Start with something good, keep it good - don't go looking for diamonds in an outhouse.

Last edited: