Any Experience w/20" 6.8 SPC

knc1105

I have a Bushmaster 6.8 SPC that I bought Pre-OBama. it is a 16" 1-10 twist and it likes the heavier 115 gr bullets. With the 115 Match King Boran Nitride coated and H-322 it is very accurate but chronographed 2,555 fps not a real flat shooter. I had some old 100 gr Nosler Solid Base bullets I had Boran coated and tried to work up a load for them and found 1 and only 1. I ordered and it shipped last week a 20" 1-11 twist heavy barrel. Any load data or experience with a 20" barrel would be appreciated. I am thinking I should get an extra 100 fps or so with the longer barrel if the powder is right. Which should put a 100 gr bullet at about 2,800 fps which is close to a .243 Winchester and for a AR that would make me very happy. I was originally going to swap the barrel but now I think I'll get a upper reciever and Yankee Hill forend and share the bolt. That won't be that much and I have extra rings and scopes on the shelf. Any help would be appreciated. Ken

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.