Any custom long range Browning A-bolt owners?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by vandiver, May 30, 2009.

1. vandiver

vandiver Member

Any hard core Browning folks out there with custom long range A-bolt's?

2. zuba

zuba Well-Known Member

I know there's atleast one, but its not mine. I've got a 270 stainless stalker the shoots 1/2'' at 100 and I've been wanting to stretched its legs...

3. vandiver

vandiver Member

One of my favorite personal guns is a A-bolt Stainless Stalker 300 RUM. I ordered several before the RUM's were gone. I built two nice rifles for customers, but kept one to build for myself.
    I pillar bedded it in the factory stock, added a brake and a Moyer's trigger. It shoots 3 shots under 1/2" at 100 yards so I really don't want to mess with it. It likes 150 Scirocco's with a compressed charge of Retumbo. Getting 3700 fps out of the 26" bbl. I'd like to build a heavy barrel rig with it and put it in a McMillan stock, but it shoots really good for what it is so I'm holding off for now.

4. happylilcuss

happylilcuss Well-Known Member

I have 4 Browning A-bolts and every one of them shoot under MOA. My favorite right now is my 270wsm with berger 140's. I killed an elk last year at over 800 with it. I have an ior with burris rings and ferrel picitinny rail.
    I am getting a new x-bolt varmint 243 with a heavy barrel that I am waiting on. I cant wait to see what it will do. As you can tell I am a huge browning fan but I have been so lucky with great shooting guns that it makes it hard to want anything else..
    I do have a rem 700 22-250 that is going to get some custom treatment and a new caliber (6mm, 6mmai, or maybe a 6x284) so I cant wait to put it against the browning varmint. Now none of my rifles compare to custom gun accuracy But they ALL have shot MOsquirell, MOdeer and MOelk!!!