any benefits to no forend ?

460or338

i was thinking about freet floating and what not . Was wondering if you would have a more accurate gun if you cut the forend off right were the barrel goes into the receiver ?> plus ir would mean not having to channel out the forend if you went with a fatter barrel . also i seen bipods that mount on a rod ? that you can install into the stock

If I remember right the originial the M2000 Intervention was set up that way and had issues because of the short radius. I also tried to mount a bypod close to the reciever on a G3 and it shot horribly. When I build a rifle I try to get the bypod as close the the muzzle as I can.

Here's a picture of my 6.5x284. I'm thinking one advantage would be better barrel cooling as well as not having to worry about your stock warping and touching your barrel.

Picture001-1.jpg

It's made by Simonson Machine out of Gooding Idaho. It was made by/for Suarez out of New Mexico. It has a Rem 700 single-shot action bedded by a top-clamp into the Simonson stock, weighs 21lbs with the 8.5-25 Luepold Mark IV and has a muzzlebrake. It's crazy accurate too. My girlfriend shoots it into 1/2 MOA at 1000 yards all day long.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.