Any advice on what night vision scope to buy.

timmyatnop

Does anybody have any advice on night vision for me.Thinking about atn gen 3 ,but heard that they might not be that great. I wana be able to see there eyes shine from a long ways a way and mabey take 200 yrd shots or closer,any advice would be great.

I have a D760 and can see pigs, coyote and deer out to 700 yards on a night lighted only by stars. These are in dirt roads, so there is a good background. None of the night vision is inexpensive! ! !

I have the illuminator, but it is not used much. It does shine eyes a long way out, more than 700 yards. If you use it in much cover, it lights up the cover so bright it makes it hard to see details of animals in the cover. You can still eyes though.

I use it for pigs.

Last edited:
Thanks man ,ive done a littel research and thinking mabey d-740 is the way to go for me.Wow its a lot of money though but if it can up my odds even a littel bit its money well spent.Thanks for the input .

I purchased mine from Optics HQ and had good service. I did not pay the extra money for the hand select option. My understandig is that with the hand select you get a cleaner lense system so that there are almost no spots when looking through the scope. Mine has 1 small spot that is noticable, but not a problem for me.

I think the D-740 would work just fine and it is a little smaller peice of equipment. Here is a link for comparrison.

Night Vision Forum at Nightvisionforums.com • View topic - D760 and D740 at a 1000! PICS

You will relly like the performance of the D-740.

Last edited:
I think you would get some good training in night trailing.
I guess it could work most of the time, but I like these animals to be DRT. Once they are out of sight it is hard to guess which way they went. Maybe it works with light bullets!

I read an article about a guy that shot a 150 pig in the neck at ,what he thought was 90 yards and he said it droped like it had been struck by lighting,but what u said make a lot of sense,I think I would like to have them go strait down too.

If your still looking I have an ATN PS-22 Gen 2+ for $2,000. It worked great for me pig, and predator hunting in TX. Now i live in AK so i don't really need it.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.