any 1 try this yet? Bushnell Elite 1500 Laser Rangefinder

Jon,

Went back to have a look and it seems they just deleted the "DEER" at 500 yards on the Pinseeker models in the ratings, everything else was the same as you said.

Wish they had the brush mode on the Pinseeker, I use that quite a bit and would suck not to have it.

Wish I knew how the AUTO SCAN mode on the Elite 1500 was different than the STANDARD SCAN mode ont he Pinseeker. Hard to tell from their vido clip ad but it doesn't seem to continualy scan like the YP1000 does.

Ian, can you describe the difference there?

Thanks again, Jon.

Brent,
Just like the Swaro or Leica, first push turns it on, hold button down for a reading. Keep the button down and it goes into scan mode, gives continuous readings off anything it can read. Circle symbol, like a target is for fine stuff, trees are for disregarding stuff in front of main object. The eyepiece twists out to accomodate non-eyeglass wearers and there is a focusing ring at the base of the eyepiece. Sharp and bright optics, significantly better than my 1000. Fact is my old 1000 has been a very good performer, but the 1500 is much nicer.
You having good weather up in God's country? Sure wish I was going back up there this spring but got way too much stuff going on down here. Four black bear hunts, one down and three to go. You going to kill a bruin this spring?

Does anyone know how this new bushnell unit compares to the new 1200 unit from nikon??

I just got an Elite 1500. The farms I went to on Saturday had pretty tall crops, so I didn't get to range but one g-hog @ 237 yards. It did range buildings out to 1329 yards and tree lines out to 1,024 yards. So far, I am pretty happy with it. The optics are better than older Bushnells I have had, but are not quite as good as my buddies Leupold RFB.

Rick

Cdog,

Rumor is the new Nikon Rangefinder will not even be available this year. Nikon was thinking of not even advertising it this year, since they knew it may not be available this year.

I finally got mine!!

My elite 1500 finally came in on Saturday. I took it out yesterday to test it and I was able to range large rocks at 1187 yards ( furthest ones that I could see on the ridge line) and a pronghorn doe at 923. I'm not sure what the exact range was, but we ranged a black cow at about 850. I am very pleased with this range finder. It is a huge step up from my friends Yardage Pro 800.

Re: Good info. Keep it coming

I just recieved my 1500 elite today from the Optic Zone. I would like to thank Jon for the great service and the GREAT rangefinder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif This thing is amazing and I'm not dissapointed at all. Very user friendly and top quailty glass. Very bright day today and this thing is lightning quick on readings. Compared it with my friends Bushnell Yardage Pro and no comparison. Because I live in town, I could only get readings out to 400 yds will take it out to the mountains in the morning and play with it more will also use tripod to get best long yardage readings. I will let you all know how it does. Bob

All of this stuff about ranging deer, and cattle and P dogs is great stuff.... but.... the big question is acuracy and precision. Has anybody measured out a distance 100 yds or so with a steel tape, and lazed something from there to see if its accurate. How about the next time you laze something... like a cow, or a building, or whatever, you laze it, then take a step forward, and laze again, and then two big steps back. Does your laser see the differance every time? This is a 10 second test of your units precision.
max distance in fur is great to know, but this is the kind of evaluation im interested in.

Took the Elite 1500 up into the Blue Mountains of Eastern Washington Yesterday evening.Ranged two Bull Elk right at 200 yds no big deal but ranged another at 987 yds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and yes I took the yard forward and back to see if my readings held up and they do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif This was done from a tripod got other readings of trees and open areas to 1400 yds. Am I happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif YUP Bob

Ranged some 100, 300, 500 yd targets with it at the range. It said the 500 yd target was at 502 and the 100 at 101 and the 300 at 301 from the seat at the bench.

Seemed very repeatable. The target were set in cuts on a hillside. Over and over it would pick up the edge of the flat spot that the target was set on or it would go by the target and get the backstop. Very consistent on both the foreground and backstop. Also this says you must te careful to ensure you are ranging the target not the background

Would not go through the early morning fog to the 1000yd target even though the target was visible to the eye.

Jon, i see the 1200 nikon on swfa for 429.00, this is the range finder i am talking about.

cdog,

I am familiar with the one the you are talking about, but like I said in one of my previous post. I heard that it will not be available until end of the year. I will try and confirm that and let you know.

I got a few pictures here ranging in Korea, mind you this is a high smog city in Seoul Korea, so far 1489 meters

ef83d605.jpg

596 mters

f54c3959.jpg

1489 Mters

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.