Antelope bullet choices for bigger gun

midwesthunter

In my group that's going out west, two will be using a 30-06, what bullet would you recommend? Has to be factory ammo, as they don't reload, I was thinking a 150 grain Nosler Ballistic tip

In my group that's going out west, two will be using a 30-06, what bullet would you recommend? Has to be factory ammo, as they don't reload, I was thinking a 150 grain Nosler Ballistic tip

I think you are in the right bullet weight and a Winchester ballistic silver tip, the swift Sirocco Hornady SST, and Nosler ballistic tip.

J E CUSTOM

Antelope aren't very big, nor are they that tough. Any good factory bullet will work.

As mentioned above, the one your gun shoots best would be the best choice.

I wouldn't worry about it. Last year, I just used my elk load of 180 nosler partitions and it worked just fine. Shot was less than 50 yards and I had a clean pass through behind the shoulder. Went down in a few yards with no added drama. So long as your impact velocity isn't too high, any big game bullet should work fine.

What WYODOG said. If you already have a load worked up for your ;06' You'll save time and money using what already works for your rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.