Another SMK story

257speed

Took my son (7 years old) out to shoot his first deer. He studied hard to pass hunter safety and has practiced a bunch to shoot well. Second evening he took a doe at 97 yards (long range for a kid). 243 with 70gn SMK, 38 gns 4064. Perfect broadside hit. She ran 20 yards and dropped dead. Bullet hit a rib going in, took out both lungs and broke far rib, stopping just under skin in three pieces. One happy boy!

[image]
2005_12040094.jpg
[/image]

Congratulations to you both.

Did you keep the bullet (pieces) and if so can you get a few pictures??

Way to go Speed !

I have a similar pic with all 3 of my boys at that age. You are doing good man, spend all the time with him you can cause one day you'll look up and he'll be grown.

Tell him I said " good shooting "

Jim

Looks like a great time was had. Best times in the field are with family.

Congrats to you and your boy, hes off to a long big game hunting career!!

Kirby Allen(50)

257,great job.kinda in a way makes me jealous .my wife and i are trying for a baby.and i want a son to take hunting also.try to keep him interested in hunting/spending outdoor time with him.the results from the love you show him will be a young man/son you can be proud of for years to come.

Thanks guys, he is already talking about the buck he is going to kill next year. His two younger brothers are waiting their turn now. He was definitely quick to learn the shooting and is a crack shot.

Congratulations 257, to you and your son. Thank you for letting him experience the "Spirit of the Wild." Some unfortunate people never get the chance.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.