Another Proud Parent of an APS product....

41mag

Well it has been a long time coming, but the wait was definately worth it. I received my .270 AM yesterday and before it was out of the box 3 hours had several dozen rounds loaded up for her. I don't have my digital here with me but will get a few pics of the proud parent and new sibling tomorrow. However here are a couple which I was teased with a week ago.
270AMleft.jpg

270AMRight.jpg

100_yard_Accuracy.jpg

It was reported that the wind was pushing 20+mph gust during the above testing, from a not so stable platform. I hope I can get them in this good from a stable platform. LOL

Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I will get a chance to get something downrange tomorrow. The topping on the cake would be a hog walking out only ti find that I was sitting there with something that would ruin it's day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I will post up some other pics as soon as I am able.

MMMMIIIKE... HELLOOOOO MMMIIIIKE are you in here???

That's a giant whopper picture, about 1:1 scale.

Nice place and nice rifle..

Well as much as I would like to be able to look out over country like that, it's a pretty fair drive from where I am here in Texas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Those were the first pics I received from Kirby as a completed rifle. They didn't look to be so big when I uploaded them,/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif but I guess they were. I proof read everything then just posted it and had to get off-line. If they take up too much space let me know and I will pull them. They are on photobucket so they should have been reduced a pretty fair amount when I put them there. Good thing I guess. LOL

About the rifle, nothing fancy compared to some I have seen here.
HS Precision Varminter Stock,
Jewell Trigger set close to 1#,
Nightforce 5.5 - 22 x 50,
Lilja 1-8 twist barrel #7 taper,
Holland Brake,
Holland recoil lug,
Signature rings and base,
and the special attention to detail provided by APS.

Mu wife would like to thank everyone who participated in the development of this caliber and the field work provided herein which helped me to dip into her savings and have such a wonderful new toy to occupy my time with,/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifyea right. As for me I would like to thank those of you who I pestered through out most of last year trying to pick out just what I could aford, and ending up with one hell of a rifle.

I will be using up some 872 for fireforming loads and barrel break in. After that is complete, I will switch over to the 869 and get serious about things. I am looking for a mid range load that puts them into tiny holes at long distances more so, than the blistering velocity. So, hopefully things will come together for me and I will reach a happy medium. I am sure those 169.5 gr Wildcat's will work just fine on the intended targets. I might even have to try out a few 150gr BT's just to see how for a pig will actually pop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

THAT is a **** nice looking gun Mike. kirby does reat work doesnt he. You are gonna have so much fun with that thing, those hogs better start putting their prayers in!!!

How much does that gun wiegh, looks like it will be very carry friendly. I almost hate seeing pics of that land Kirby gets to live in up there, awfully nice looking

have fun
steve

Mike:

That gun sure looks familiar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That is one sweet looking gun and I'm sure you'll be even happier after you get to put some rounds down range. Get it broke in right and then start hammering hogs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Let us know how the 869 works for you. Get some fresh Texas pics of the new gun and then some with a hog or two.

Glad you liked the end result, cause she's a beaut. Keep us updated!

Mike

The size is of no matter to me or the board.
Size only matters to end end-user (recipient)
and if they're low bandwidth it'll take a while.

The only thing that is does to me is require that I
scroll right and left plus up and down to read a thread.

It's not a problem.

Nice!!!

I did some testing w/the US869 today. Results were VERY promising. When I make it out to the garage and get the velocities I'll post them here for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts