Another Idaho Boy

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by elkaholic, Apr 19, 2010.

1. elkaholic

elkaholic Well-Known Member

I've been on the forum now for a couple of years or more but haven't really introduced myself. I'm an X-Yooper, if anybody knows what that is:D. I've lived in the Coeur d' Alene area since 1975 and moved here because I dreamed of hunting elk in the rockies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. (hence Elkaholic) I own a forestry consulting business and spend a lot of time in the NW mountain states. I love anything to do with hunting, shooting and Gods creation in general. Some of you know that I also manufacture my own bullets and get a lot of satisfaction in using them for long range hunting. I have REALLY enjoyed this forum, have learned a lot from the many knowledgeable folks, and made a few new friends. Thanks guys!........Rich

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Welcome to LongRangeHunting Rich. Although it's kinda after the fact. I recognized the user name and thought at first it was odd that the post was in the members intro area but now I understand.

Glad you joined us.......way back when. :)

3. Just Learnin

Just Learnin Well-Known Member

You wouldn't happen to have a big, gaudy "Elkaholic" sticker on your back window, would you?:D Gotta ask, what's an X-Yooper? -- Don

4. elkaholic

No elk sticker but I have seen one around! A Yooper is someone who lives in the "upper" penninsula of Michigan as opposed to the lower peninsula. Kind of like North and South Id., two different states. No offense Roy:D:D

5. Briancrn113

Briancrn113 Member

Elkaholic, I've got family 60 miles north of you...beautiful country out there. When I was a young man I nearly bagged it and moved to Couer d' Alene with my fiance I think that part of the world has that effect on people.

6. elkaholic

Ya, it's a pretty beautiful place.

7. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the intro...never too late.