Another Exbal question

G

OK..MAybe a few.

With Exbal, does the software for the PDA version calculate clicks. I.E. How many clicks I would need to come up from say 100 yards to 500 yards? I would assume it does so one does not have to do the math in the field.

Also, I see you can set up for diffferent reticles etc. Can it still be used with Standard Fine duplex from like Leupold?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Joe,
With the version I have I could do 1/4MOA. But it is much easier to set it up in reference to MOA. Example: you spot a woodchuck at 1003, You type in 1003yd, then calculate. If you set up Exbal using MOA it says Elevation 23.1. You crank the scope around one full turn (15) and then to 8. Much easier than clicks. I could set it up to display 92.4 1/4 MOA. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif and I initially did, but not anymore.

I assume the second question was in reference to Leupolds advertising 1/4" clicks at 100 and will Exbal work. Answer is yes. I use Leupold LRT's with fine duplex and all you have to do is set Exbal up for MOA. Zero at 100. Shoot and adjust elevation at 500. Input chronographed velocity, scope height, all the other variables, and then adjust the bullet BC until the program calculates the same MOA drop as the number shown on your turret. In this case 7. This has worked for me out to over 1100 yds. Several different speeds, four different rifles, four different bullets. I feel the program works well.

With the Exbal version I have on my Palm,at the top of the main screen there is a tab for Exbal options.One of these options is the sight adjust option, which will allow you to calibrate your clicks to moa,mil or in. per hundred yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.