another choosing a scope thread

rjackh

i need a new scope for my 700 sps v in .308. i thought i was set on waiting for the vortex viper pst to become available again, but i started to look at IOR. the 2.5-10x42 and 3-18x42 have caught my eye. both can be had non illuminated and ffp mil/mil (which is a top priority of mine). gun will be used for a lot of hunting and targets. i dont know how far i will ever end up shooting, but i want to be able to get out to 1k yds if i feel like it. will a 2.5-10x42 scope be enough for that distance? i have seen ppl shoot SS 3-9's out to 1k yds but i always thought id want a little more scope at that distance. any input on these scopes or better choices out there? i would like to spend around $1000

thanks for any help

I'm not too familiar with the IOR, I have leupolds on both of my long range rigs. One is a Mark4 6.5-20 with the tmr reticle and I love that scope for slightly over a thousand. I also have a leupold 4.5-14 that is a good scope also.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.