Another broadhead question....

Discussion in 'PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum' started by Bad466, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Bad466

Bad466 New Member

I see most of you guys are using 100 grain broadheads. I checked the weight of my field points and they came in at 85 grains. Any reason not to try an 85 grain broadhead?

2. Twanger

Twanger Well-Known Member

85 gr should be fine.

I went with 100gr only to be compatible with my vertical bow.
    using the same BH on both simplifies logistics.

3. djdcsi

djdcsi Well-Known Member

Sorta the same here, except I went with 125 gr. only because I already had a large overstock of them and field points. It was only for convenience when I started out cause I couldn't wait to start shooting the thing. Then, the Optimizer got calibrated with those, etc. If I thought a lighter or heavier-anything would make a difference I'd for sure change. I've had my bow for 4 yrs. now and that 1st setup has continued to work well for me each year. Every animal I've shot has been clean through. I don't think 10-15 gr.s makes THAT much difference when hunting, which is all I do with mine. (Long Range target grouping may be a different game.) Main thing I see is to setup the kit for accuracy, which is nothing more than consistency & predictability on my part. The animal won't care.