Angle shooting question ?

clambdin

I have learned from reading the post here that multiplying the come up moa by the cosine is the most accurate way to shoot angle Ok here is my question if you use come up clicks can you multiply the come up clicks by the cosine and get the same results ? Thanks !

I have learned from reading the post here that multiplying the come up moa by the cosine is the most accurate way to shoot angle Ok here is my question if you use come up clicks can you multiply the come up clicks by the cosine and get the same results ? Thanks !

Yes.... Or I think it is simpler to multiply the amount of dial up in MOA. For example the cosine is .96 and the dial up is 14.5 moa....14.5 X .96 = 13.92 so you dial 14 moa. same as 56 clicks just easier for me to keep tract of.

Jeff

broz, Thanks MOA is actually easier, I need to start thinking that way....So to summarize this Instead of using the the angle compensated distance that the rangefinder is telling you and just dial for that distance from your flat line chart, it is more accurate to take the cosine of the angle and multiply it by your flat line moa comeup..correct ?

broz, Thanks MOA is actually easier, I need to start thinking that way....So to summarize this Instead of using the the angle compensated distance that the rangefinder is telling you and just dial for that distance from your flat line chart, it is more accurate to take the cosine of the angle and multiply it by your flat line moa comeup..correct ?
Yep, learn to stick with MOA. Counting clicks is a great way to just screw yourself up.

KISS applies to everything. Keep it as simple as possible and you'll make fewer errors.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.