Angle cosine indicators

Dang,

a $250.00 price range is definitely in my budget!! :)

It also looks like the bottom part of the mounting ring may fit in between my scope tube and scope mount base. *crossing my fingers*

I will give them a call in a little while.

Thanks again!!

In Christ: Raymond

You are most welcome. I think it will fit your setup, good luck. You will not be disappointed with the FlatLine Ops.

t

Does anyone know if the Sniper Tools Design ACI will fit into the strong arm mount of the Flatline-Op's?

The lower-level Flatline-Ops ADI is only in degrees, whereas the lower-level Sniper Tools Design ACI comes in cosine. (Which is what I want, and in my budget).

If the Sniper Tool Design ACI will not fit, do you know if the Nightforce ACI will fit into the Flatline-Op's strong mount?

Sorry for the confusion, but help would be appreciated before I make any investment.

OK, here's the deal.

I ended-up calling Flatline-Op's, Defensive Edge, and Sniper Tools Design. What I wanted to know was if the Sniper Tools ACI (Mil Spec) would fit onto the Flatline-Op's Strongarm mount. The answer was "Yes".

Awesome.

Let me also say that Chuck (from Flatline-Op's) was great. He answered all my questions super-promptly, and gave me ALL the specific dimensions to his mounts with ACI installd - which enabled me to know if it would fit my set-up, or not.

I then did a good internet search, and found the best deal that my fingers could find. Bottom line, it did not break the bank like I thought it would, and the purchase was very beneficial to me. Both is finding good vendors, and in knowledge.

Thanks again for the great tip on the FLATLINE-OPS products.

Below are the products I ordered. (Which are also shown in the picture).

PS: I had the option of going with "degree's" or "cosine," but I wanted cosine. And even though my Mildot Master and Ballistics Program had degrees...it was all about being independent of any electronic device which might fail in the bush. Between my scopes reticle, my Mildot Master, and the cosine ACI (with a pencil, or stick and dirt)- I can range any distance and compensate for any angle. Fully independent of electronics! *smiles*

Flatline-Ops Sniper 30mm Accu/Level
Flatline-Ops Strongarm mount
Flatline-Ops (Sniper Tool Design) Mil-Spec ACI

m226364398.jpg

OK, shooters...

the parts arrived today, and were installed a few minutes ago.

It seems pretty sturdy, and I also like the fact that the bubble level sits in a type of cup when in the closed position, thus protecting it from getting hit and moving for or aft.

When I called the guys from Defensive Edge, they told me their ACI w/anti-cant mount would not fit on my set-up. And when I sent him a second email asking if it was because of the 3/16" space between the scope tube and my Leupold base...I never received an answer. He just reiterated that it would not fit.

OK...so I went with Flatline-Ops.

Like I said, Chuck from Flatline-Ops answered all my questions, and sent me VERY SPECIFIC measurements. With these measurements in hand, I was able to determine that it would fit, no problemo. (Plenty of room for the lower ring to fit into that 3/16" inch space between the scope tube and Leupold mount)!

In the following pictures you will see that I have my ACI mounted FORWARD of the turret. It fit behind the turret as well, but the bubble level would have obscured the turret from my sight. On top of that, because of the way I line up my body when I shoot, plant my cheek weld on the stock, and my old tired eyes...it felt better to have it a bit further forward. (I tried it both ways, meditated on it, and made my decision).

As for the installation, it was a breeze. I removed my scope (which I did not need to do if the ACI was mounted forward of the turret), just to try it mounted both ways. (In front, and behind, the turret). Like I said, I wanted to physically try it both ways. And once installed onto the scope, the bubble level has a fine-tuning screw on both sides of the mount. On one side for when the bubble level is closed (centered on the turret), and one on the other side for when the bubble level is opened outward.

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

I have not tried it out yet...but soon. It is still archery season. :)

Thanks again.

PS: Remmy 700 LTR (.308 Win) with Super Sniper scope. (30mm tube).

b226424895.jpg

b226424896.jpg

b226424897.jpg

b226424898.jpg

b226424899.jpg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts