An A-Team in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Buffalobob, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Much like military snipers, there is a considerable misunderstanding of the unique mission that Special Forces perform. There is a one hour special tomorrow night on CBS at 7:00 PM for those who wish to watch and see. Most of the world seems fixated on spilling blood and killing people but mostly that is not what we are trained to do.

2. shootinfool

shootinfool Well-Known Member

I know I will be giving it a look see. I like to see these shows report how things actually are instead of what people think they are. thanks for the heads up.

3. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Lara is HOT I seen her up in ASABAD in 2004 and then again down in MAZZAN area when the seal team whacked ROSIE KHAN.

I would like to watch it but every time I do I just get all fired up to go back! You guys will just have to tel me how it was.

4. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

I'll be tuning in for sure. Coming from the front lines it's got to be closer to the truth.

5. 1/2 slam

1/2 slam Well-Known Member

Watched the 60 Minutes Special, very imformative, but those guys have their work cut out for them! It reminds me of boot camp, you would be amazed at some of the recruits that could not understand weapons training. From throwing hand grenades, over the back, straight up in the air, to not being able to hit a 4 foot target, shooting a 7.62 prone, at 500 meters, with 2 weeks training! Some people just don't get it. Special Forces have to be commended.

6. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Jarhead3, were you in the Corps? PI or Hollywood recruit? What was your MOS, unit and what years were you in or are you still active?

7. 1/2 slam

1/2 slam Well-Known Member

Chas1, I was in the Corps, 5th Marines, did Boot in San Diego when it was brutal, 1968. Qualified Expert at the rifle range and at that time anyone that was Expert was recruited for sniper school. They were looking for shooters, only problem was you had to reinlist because of the training and time spent going through sniper school. I said no thanks and ended up in an Engineering Battalion after going through Tank school. Semper Fi

8. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Back when it was brutal...know what you mean. PI early 1970, No expert but qualified sharpshooter with M14 and peep sights on that damn 12" black target at 500 yards...ya know the one I'm talking about. MOS 5900, 70-74, Semper Fi.