Ammo boxes

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by reachinOUT, Feb 17, 2011.

1. reachinOUT

reachinOUT Member

I am looking for some new ammo boxes for my .270 loads. I currently use the rcbs large rifle boxes. I have a few likes and dislikes about them. The things I like about them are there compact so the ammo does not rattle around and have thick plastic sides that make them rugged. The thing I don't like about them are the ammo has to be loaded upside down. Is there a box that is similar to the rcbs but allows the ammo to be bullet side up? I would like your opinion on the matter so that hopefully I wont have buy and try them all to find what I am looking for. Thanks.

2. reachinOUT

reachinOUT Member

Since you guys were no help in my decision. I was forced to do my own research.:D Just kidding guys, I ended up buying 4 MTM RL-50 boxes. They listed all the stuff I was looking for.

3. BigSkyGP

BigSkyGP Well-Known Member

I just found your post.

What I started doing, I've been using MTM boxes. There are so many models, and I think Label has them mixed up on which ones do what with wich cartridges. I just take a loaded round with me to the sporting goods store and try it in the boxes.

Or if I don't have a round available, wander over to the isle and pick a box of factory ammo, and wander back over to the MTM boxes. Pull a round or two, and use them to find the right box.