Ammo boxes

reachinOUT

I am looking for some new ammo boxes for my .270 loads. I currently use the rcbs large rifle boxes. I have a few likes and dislikes about them. The things I like about them are there compact so the ammo does not rattle around and have thick plastic sides that make them rugged. The thing I don't like about them are the ammo has to be loaded upside down. Is there a box that is similar to the rcbs but allows the ammo to be bullet side up? I would like your opinion on the matter so that hopefully I wont have buy and try them all to find what I am looking for. Thanks.

Since you guys were no help in my decision. I was forced to do my own research.:D Just kidding guys, I ended up buying 4 MTM RL-50 boxes. They listed all the stuff I was looking for.

I just found your post.

What I started doing, I've been using MTM boxes. There are so many models, and I think Label has them mixed up on which ones do what with wich cartridges. I just take a loaded round with me to the sporting goods store and try it in the boxes.

Or if I don't have a round available, wander over to the isle and pick a box of factory ammo, and wander back over to the MTM boxes. Pull a round or two, and use them to find the right box.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.