amateurhuntingvideos.com

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HooterShooter, Mar 20, 2006.

1. HooterShooter

HooterShooter Well-Known Member

Here's your chance boys. We need your videos. This sight will not discriminate against our long range bretheren!
    Sight will be fully fully operational by June, 1 2006.
    website is www.amateurhuntingvideos.com

If you want to contribute some video the email address is production@amateurhuntingvideos.com
    Drop us a line and we'll tell you where and how to send footage.
    Be sure to include a phone # in your email.

This will be some website boys, make sure you check it out.

2. HooterShooter

btt

3. HooterShooter

Guy, 90%+ of the questions I've got were the same thing.

Your video can be on VHS, DVD, or CD-ROM. We will edit to a lenth of 2 to 4 minutes and convert to online format.

Thanks for all of your emails.

4. BLASERMAN

BLASERMAN Well-Known Member

Look before you Leap, They want $10 also and your video.
    So you send your video $10 plus the postage and and and !!!!! if the don't like your video they keep your $10.

Whats up with this Crazyness ,Ask you to pay for your own video.

5. HooterShooter

A video has to first be viewed, then edited into a 2 to 3 minute segment. This takes time. Some one has to be paid to do this.

Yes, if a video is a canned hunt with 7 arrows in a ram next to a fence, it won't be posted on the sight.
    As long as the video has a clean shot and recovery it will be aired. Also the resolution must be clear. If it is unclear we will not post it. We will NOT simply decide not to post a video because we just don't like it. That defeats the purpose of the sight. You vote for your favorites. What is unfair about this?

We are not looking to load the sight with sponsors banner ads, so the $10 charge is how it has to be. Last time I checked we were a capitalist country.

6. Ballistic64

Ballistic64 Well-Known Member

So how much do you pay if you do use someones video? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. HooterShooter

Let me be clear:

We do not have sponsors with banner and pop up ads on our site. We have to pay someone to view the videos and edit them down into a 2 to 3 minute segment and convert it into an online format.

The only reasons we would not put a video online is poor video quality or something very out of line like shooting an animal out of your car. Also, the animal MUST be recovered after being shot. Other than that its going on the sight.

Too bad you feel its crazyness, To be blunt we are doing it for profit, just like Kirby Allen builds rilfes, or Richard Graves makes bullets, of others peddle their services on sights like this. It really get me annoyed when people complain because something is done for profit. ESPECIALLY WHEN THESE SAME PEOPLE CRY ABOUT THERE 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS! We also have the right to make a profit in this country.

Videos will not be rejected because we simply dont like them. Real hunts, good footage, recover the game and its online. Oh yea.....and pay the 10 bucks!

8. lovdasnow

lovdasnow Well-Known Member

$10 seems resonable to edit and host a vid. Why would anyone just sit around and edit videos of strangers for free all day.
    ten bucks doesn't seem like a big deal as long as you're up front about it and everyone knows it cost 10 bucks as you stated.

so good luck with your project, I hope it goes well..

9. Ballistic64

Ballistic64 Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Let me be clear:

It really get me annoyed when people complain because something is done for profit. ESPECIALLY WHEN THESE SAME PEOPLE CRY ABOUT THERE 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS! We also have the right to make a profit in this country.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too! So how much ya gonna pay for my video? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Just kidding hootershooter.Dont quite get get your reasoning though.Your going to make money off someones video and you want that said person to pay for your employee to edit thier video?
    And the capitalism - Second Amendment thing lost me all together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    I'll send my ten to the NRA,thanks.

10. BLASERMAN

BLASERMAN Well-Known Member

Look all you a-Holes I know about Capialization,
    But be UP FRONT ABOUT IT. That was my point.

11. HooterShooter

Lovdasnow, thank you for your well wishes.

Ballistic64, our profit comes out of the $10 after viewing and editing the video footage. That is the only source of revenue. We are not going to sell advertising on the site and we want to keep a free site for members.
    Do you really think I'm going to get rich on $10 a video? We are just trying to create a fun sight where people can share their videos and make a little beer money.

Blas93, foul language and name calling is never appropriate.