Am I the only one who can't get an outfitter to return a phone call?

Discussion in 'Antelope Hunting' started by blipelt, Dec 27, 2009.

1. blipelt

blipelt Well-Known Member

I have been looking for an outfitter for the 2010 season for awhile now and have had only one return a phone call and say he will get the info emailed out to me in a day or two that was a month ago.

So if you know anybody who you want to put a plug in for I am open to suggestions.

I am looking at SD Antelope right now because of the tag 1buck and 2does $245. My next choice will be Rebone in MT.

Brent

2. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who can't get an outfitter to return a phone call? No! You just called the wrong one. Wish I could help you out but not familar with the area. Be patient and I'm sure you hear from some folks here.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010

3. Bud Martin

Bud Martin Well-Known Member

Maybe you should have tried me firstlightbulb what do you need to know?

4. MTBULLET

MTBULLET Well-Known Member

Kelly burke with Burk Ranch Outfitters in glasgow,mt. has been very good with me. pretty good 'goat hunting areas.

5. blipelt

Bud incoming PM.

Thanks guys for the info. I am trying to stay with SD right now. I will definately consider the above mentioned if I move on to MT though.

Brent

6. JARHEAD1371

JARHEAD1371 Well-Known Member

If you decide to skip the outfitter and go DIY let me know, I'll give you some info for great walk-in areas.

7. Oliveralan

Oliveralan Well-Known Member

your definatly not the only one. same with me. had to call 4 times to reach anyone, since they never answered emails. turned out to be an awsome trip though. Dont judge them by their reach-ability. Just my $0.02

8. blipelt

Jarhead thanks for the offer. I will keep it in mind if things progress. I actually hooked up with Ultimate Outdoor Adventures here in Bismarck and they gave me some names of good outfitters close. I don't want to travel to far from home. My job isn't where anybody can do it. I try to make myself available in case something happens to my fillin. I guess not everyone gets to play with explosives for a living:D.

Brent

9. Oliveralan

Oliveralan Well-Known Member

this scares me, "anything happens to my fillin" when talking about explosives.

But sounds like you have an awsome job!

10. dirtball

dirtball Well-Known Member

January starts the "SHOW CIRCUIT" a lot of the outfitters are on the road from town to town, trying to fill the open slots they have for 2010 and 2011, so getting in touch with them is going to be hard for the next few weeks. Most will return calls though, after all if they want clients they have to.
    Dave

11. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

If you need someone to blow stuff up while you are hunting I can do that. I even managed to blow myself up one day. Put me in the hospital for a week and light duty for two months. :D

12. blipelt

yeah it is a real cool job. Alot of attention to detail though.

BB thanks for the offer but when I would tell them you would have personal experience they might think about the loss time ratio and look at other avenues.

Brent