Always remove boresighter before you fire!!!!

Fotis

ec57ec91.jpg

ec57ec8c.jpg

ec57ec89.jpg

ec57ec87.jpg

I'l bet their will be a cheep action for sale and also a stock.

Does any one what calibre it was? The shooter is very lucky as it looks like no injury's were sustained.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Fixed it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'l bet their will be a cheep Rem 700 action for sale and also an ADL stock.

Does any one what calibre it was? The shooter is very lucky as it looks like no injury's were sustained just go;s to show that the Rem actions are very safe

Cheers Bill
Australia

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not know specifics, but that looks like a savage action to me. (Barrel nut)

Senior moment? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I think I'd mount the barrel next to a trophy mount. Quite a conversation starter.
db

I watched a Mythbusters episode in which they were trying to acheieive the banana peeeled effect shown here. They could not make it happen. They tried several methods of plugging the barrel, including driving a rod into the muzzle with a hammer & then welding it. It just blew the end of the barrel off with the plug. They could not make it happen with a rifle but they blew shotgun was blew to pieces.

Fellas it was not me! Honestly. A friend from Utah send this to me. I just posted it. Besides look at the tress. Everyone knows there are no trees in SE WYoming!!!

Just another reason not to ever use a bore sighter on any rifle that you can look down the bore for a true bore sight. I never saw one that was even close and it is easy to look down the bore and get on a sheet of paper at 100 yds.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.