aluminum gun case (long and wide)

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Stugotz, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Stugotz

Stugotz Active Member

I know this is probably in the wrong forum, but I just can't find anywhere else to put it. I'm looking for an aluminum gun case that's at least 60" long and 14" wide. Need to house a M700 w/30"barrel+Brake With 56mm Nightforce NXS scope. Anyone have any sources.

2. dbhostler

dbhostler Well-Known Member

Just bought one, try www.cabelas.com and look under "Bullet Proof Black Powder Rifle Case". Cost is $199.99 with lifetime warranty. My rifle is 55" long with an NXS scope mounted.
    db

3. Stugotz

Stugotz Active Member

Looks like that one is plenty long, but at only 12" wide, do you have enough of clearance with the scope?

4. wapiti13

wapiti13 Well-Known Member

Kalispell rifle double cases are over 14". Great welded case. Several other companies have come out with similar ones. Just get a double rifle case and you'll be happy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. Stugotz

Stugotz Active Member

Kalispel Double cases will give me the width, but they only come to 52" long. Anyone know of a double at least 60" long?

6. dbhostler

dbhostler Well-Known Member

Plenty of room. The Nightforce is a 8-32X56 on top of a Badger rail that sits on an A5 stock.
    db

7. 3sixbits

3sixbits Well-Known Member

8. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

Not aluminum but airline approved

I have a SKB double rifle rigid case. It isn't wide because it holds two rifles, one on top of the other with a foam divider in between.

I have my 30" Hart tube plus Vais brake in it and it fits fine.

VH

9. Stugotz

Stugotz Active Member

Re: Not aluminum but airline approved

Thanks for the responses!
    I found one....
    Impact Case & Container (ICC) model 6013kk1 1 Large Firearm Case .080 60"X13"X5.5"

10. 4ked Horn

4ked Horn Writers Guild

Re: Not aluminum but airline approved

Hey I just checked out the site for ICC looking for a stron case for the spotting scope I'm getting and I noticed that his guy is in Rathdrum Idaho right there by Shawn Carlok and Bat actions and Ponsness & Warren shotgun reloading equipment. If this trend keeps up I'm going to move back up there. Thats where all the good gear seems to be comong from in this state.