Alliant Powder

Speck

Anyone have any experience with Alliant Power Pro 2000 MR? I'm in the process of getting my parts together for another custom build in 308 and want to shoot the heavy bullets (185 or 200 gr Hybrids) and from what i'm reading this powder is getting good reviews for the heavies in 308. At the moment i'm shooting Varget in my current 308 with 168 VLD's and having good luck but if I can keep the accuracy and pick up velocity that would be great. Also temp sensitivity is a consideration.

Thanks,
Speck

I've had good luck with Berger 175 OTMs and IMR4064.
They fit the magazine nicely and are very accurate.

I was concerned about going heavier/longer due to (a) velocity vs BC tradeoff, and (b) feeding from the magazine.

Hope this helps,
Richard

Thanks for the reply. OAL is not gonna be a issue with this rifle as I'm gonna single feed it. It will be used for paper punching/FTR. The reamer being used has .125 freebore so I can seat em long. I will look into the powder you listed. What intrigued me about the 2000 MR was the velocities guys were reporting with heavy bullets so we'll see how it plays out.

Thanks again,
Speck

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.