ALLEN PRECISION 338 Raptor update....

LOL When I read the comment about Weatherby and you I thought, uh oh, I don't think Kirby is probably going to take that as flattering as I'm sure it was intended. :D

Being a firm believer in there is no substitute for cubic inches I can see were the case capacity is really going to shine with shooting the heavy bullets. Especially since these bigger cases have the same size case head as the Lapua. That is one area where bigger isn't always better.

I think the fast bug just goes along with this kind of stuff here's one of mine. But mostly with this kind of stuff and people like us the fastest thing is the money flying out of our pockets!!!!!!!!!!!LMAO
ontrailer.jpg

seen that when I was ordering my brass this morning. would make things interesting with the new heavies coming out

After seeing this I have to ask if the Raptor projects are up and running again?

https://bertrambrass.com/product/338-raptor-unprimed-brass-100-count/

With the new .30 245gr Berger coming maybe it will slow speeds down enough to keep the bullets together. The new 230gr SMKs will be another option.

Did you email or call to see if the Brass is actually available? They are not the only place saying they have it. It would be nice to know the specs on that brass. If I did 3 month ago I would have used that brass for my build.

No, I would have but there is no contact info on the Bertram site or anywhere else that I could find and I don't use FB. Kirby is the only one I know with a wildcat of that name and Bertram had sent him some Raptor brass to test in past. The Raptor brass is priced higher than the RUM, EDGE, Lapua, and 338 Norma offerings but lower than the 338 snipe-tac. So I would think this is based off his Raptor design. I'm sure he will respond when he see's this. He's probably just busy building the test rifle :D

I get you. Would be fun to build a wildcat off the shell. not sure how much is to be gained doing it though. Would be great if Kirby could or would be able to start up production.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.