Alaskan Brown Bear hunt + Rain + Wooden Stock = ???

I should have covered that better. 375 is great for Ak. Most people shoot them very well for a larger cal.
It depends on how you are hunting but the problem with Ak is the least common way to travel is vehicle. Boat plane and snowmobile are the most common all of those can be hard on wood. They also often limit the weight or bulk allowed so good rifle cases often don't work.
When I was moving lots of hunters I told them to pack the rifle in a rifle sock inside hard case so when they get their the hard case stays at base or large airport and the gun sock goes with.
Maybe just change to a cheap synthetic for that hunt and change back?

Since Africa Shooter decided to resurrect a 10 year old thread, I'll add my .02! I've hunted Alaska twice, once for brown bears on Kodiak (.375 H&H) for 10 days and one trip for 13 days for Caribou in central AK (.300 WM)
Both trips had extremely bad weather and both rifles had wooden stocks. Barrels were properly floated and well oiled (barrel channel too). I kept them wiped down as best I could and did my best to keep them out if the weather.
I realize a nice composite stock would have been nice, but I used what I had. Furthest shot was 400 yards.