Alaska dall sheep hunt part 2

Michael Eichele

The rifle range, or archery range or behind the co
Well after hunting for 3 weeks I finally got my ram. My hunting partner got his opening day. I got mine 19 days later. My partner got not only his first ram, but his first long range trophy. He bagged it at 600 yards. I got mine at 300 yards. Finally!! a close range harvest!! I video taped his harvest with a 20 power zoom and used a tri-pod, you can actually see the vapor trail (air disturbance) and the trajectory of the bullet on the video!!

I had to spend 2 nights without a tent or sleeping bag to pull this off. One night was in the fog and snow. I would gladly do it all over again if it meant getting my ram.

Pictures of both rams can be veiwed at http://www.maeichele.addr.com/Blank%20Page%204.htm

Scroll down to the bottom of the page. They are the last 2 photos. Be pateint, sometimes they take a few minutes to load.

Happy hunting to all this fall.

[ 09-06-2003: Message edited by: Michael Eichele ]

Congrats to you both! Sounds like some cold *** nights! Still waiting on the pics to load, you're right, it's pretty **** slow on this dial up connection...

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.