AH HA a Woof has a potential use!!!

royinidaho

Clipped this from a jmden read. Whooo Hoooo I'll be all over this.

I'm thinking, woof & sausage gumbo. Maybe a little shrimp thrown in!!

Wonder which cuts would be the best? I'm thinkin' maybe back strap and some rear leg meat. Prep it as if it were chicken. Hmmm.

Hmmmm, wonder about Blackened Woof Chops. Heck, if Paul Prudehomme's Blackened Red Fish almost lead to the extinction of the fish I wonder what it could do for woofs.:D

Hey, something like this could put Challis Idaho back on the map. Tree huggers would line up for one reason or another. They have to eat too!

I could paint my huntin rig accordingly and advertise in Yellowstone.

This idea is gettin' better all the time.:D:D

I think I just threw up a little!!!! I had a buddy in high school that thought we should try and eat some of the animals we trapped, not cool, not cool at all!!!!!!

Oops forgot the clip............:rolleyes:

Also got to thinkin' seeds! The lucky person who got a "seed" in their gumbo would win a free serving.

Attachments

• 1aaa Woof Meat.jpg
    1aaa Woof Meat.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 14
It seems like a good plan to disturb the tree huggers but I will have to leave the Wolf
burgers to tougher guys than me.

I once ate some chile in Mexico and after a few bites and spotting some blue looking meat
(The color of dog meat) I had to stop and wash it down with about a case of beer to stop
thinking about what I had just eaten.

J E CUSTOM

I believe that the key here is killing a nice tender cow wolf. The buck wolf meat I was around would have made boot laces! And stink, imagine stinky pee diaper stew! The idea is a wonderful one at that, and the way the wolf loving hipees stink they would probably gobble the slop up like the crazies they are!

Puppies and dumplings.... 1) raid den site (prior to opening eyes preferred)....better than bugs I suppose, but short of survival situations I'm not likely to knowingly try it. Dr. wants my weight down anyhow.

Well each year my eyes and hearing are a little less than use to be. As soon asmy sense of smell goes I will spoon some up. But tight now Those things really stink!!!

Jeff

Puppies and dumplings.... 1) raid den site (prior to opening eyes preferred)....better than bugs I suppose, but short of survival situations I'm not likely to knowingly try it. Dr. wants my weight down anyhow.

Believe it or not: I know someone that was invited on a hunt By a group of Indian Iron workers
up north and found out that the hunt date was based on the arrival of a litter of pups for that
very reason.

He declined.

PS; Don't be putting ideas in Roy's head because he will eat anything from what I understand.

Just kidding ROY.

J E CUSTOM

An old joke from the reservation:
What's an Indian seven course meal? A six pack and a puppy...even I would toss my cookies on that one.

I had a buddy once that had a really good female walker hound that he hunted lions with. well the sneaky neighbor dog got in her pen and bred her , so greg had a litter of 4 pups on his hands. he didnt have the heart to do them in so he did the walmart thing.....stand outside with the puppies in a box. he was staying with friends outside the indian res near Payson , AZ as i recall. he said he was all happy when he got home. one nice older indian fella took them all! Then his friends told him what was gonna happen to them...... :(

ps: no offense meant to any native american types on this board, but it is a true story! ever wonder why you dont see any stray cats in chinatown? that might not have been chicken in that eggroll! :D

oh come on you wusses.....Lewis and Clark ate dog all the way across the northwest. It was the standard food everytime the indians gave them a welcome feast. you just have to get over your tender sensibilities.....prob tastes like chicken :D
Seems like they boiled boots at one point also...I read one account when they feasted on dog with a tribe, both sides politely ate it thinking the other side considered it a delicacy.

Last edited:
Can't comment of Woof, but properly prepared Mountain Lion is with out a doubt the best wild game meet on the planet!!!
2nd Alfalfa fed Antelope
3rd Elk Cow or calf

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts