Aftermarket Mag for Tikka3 for reloaders

BallisticNut

Recently, I have become addicted to reloading my Tikka3. I realized that the OEM magazine will not hold most custom ammo that are set on or near the lands. I have asked around for an aftermarket mag and spoke with a couple distributers and pretty much got the same answer. If you reload your own ammo and have an OAL greater than 2.890 you have to hand feed each round. My current load is 2.950 which is .010 off the lands. So, here is my resolution and looking for volunteers to assist.

My brother runs a Co. that is in the business of precision machining and injection molds. It just so happens that his Co is also registered as an Arms manufactoring Co. and is based in CA. He has agreed to manufacture aftermarket magazines for the Tikka3 starting with the .300WSM. We need a few magazines to reverse engineer. They do not need to be in working order just in one piece, cracked or broken cases are fine. In return, we will send you one finished prototype as a replacement once completed. This could take several months to complete because its being done as a favor and without funding.

Anyone interested let me know or have any comments on the idea, please reply.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.