After spending thousands of dollars

wyomingblizzard

After spending thousands of dollars on long range rifles a shooting thousands of practice rounds. This falls hunt for both deer and elk was in away very disappointing. Although I was successful on both deer and elk, there was some disappointment when I put put powder burnns on both! I shot my mule deer buck at less than 50 yards and my elk at 100 yards! I was really hoping to get to use my new Kirby Allen 338 A.M. at long range, but I never got to take it out of the case. Aint that just the way it goes. Before I had any long range rifles or the ability to use one, I always had animals just to far away to take a shot. Now that I can take that shot I put powder burns on them.gun)

Why didn't you pass on them? You just wasted a bunch of money for nothing! LOL. I know how it can be. I was lucky enough to have hunted elk and deer while I lived in Big Piney. Keep shooting. I'm sure the day will come when you'll be able to put your LR guns to good use.

Hear what your saying.

Tuned up a 338 RUM for out to 1500 yards.

Got my elk at 157.

Haven't yet broke out the 375 AM for game.

Such is life.

However all in all it's well worth the dollars invested.gun)

Well it was great practice however it ended. I'm a few days from getting out, I hope I do as well. Congratulations.

I know the feeling, my brothers are always giving me a bad time about spending all that money and time on long range equipment and shooting. Then I shoot an elk at 40 to 100 yards. Oh well it's still fun and quite possibly all in fun. Enjoy

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.