After my first LR season

Ridge Runner

Well my first season of dialing for fur is about over, I had a blast, took some game, have learned more here at this sight than I ever thought possible, before I give the rundown on my accomplishments and goals for next year just wanted to say thanks to the members of this board and the owners for giving people like me a place where we can learn the ropes of this fine sport.
Would like to specialy thank kirby for building me a rifle that I can fulfill my goals with, and for always having time to help with any problem I might have.

I took this year 4 deer with 5 shots, the fifth was a clean miss on a doe at 503 yds. the ranges were 375 (headshot), 450, 475, and 584. I know its not far for open country, but here in this area unless you hunt from a road, which is illegal, there are very few places where you can see much farther than that without snowcover which we have about 1 year out of 5. And then of those few places you have to find a way to coax the deer in, baiting is legal but I just never could get into shooting baited game.

My goal for deer season '07 is to take a whitetail beyond 750 yds, so soon as bear season ends I'll start load developement on my 6.5 gibbs, had it built so I could shoot more and wouldn't burn the pipe off the AM, and the lapua 139 gr scenar (B.C. .615) at 3300 fps mirrors the trajectory of the 7 AM within 1 MOA to around 800 yds.

Its a trued rem. 700 LH with a kreiger 29.5" 1/8 fluted senduro contour (so kreiger says but its much heavier)sits in a pillar'd and glassed Joel Russo lam. A-5, seekins 20 moa base, burris XTR rings with a loopy mark4 6.5x20 M1 TMR riding on top. should be a fair to middle'in groundhog rifle. I'll post pic's when its complete
Thanks again guys for all the help and encouragement
JS

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.