African Safari on a budget

nyati1

Official LRH Sponsor
JD African Safaris

We have several package hunts that are excellent and provide a good way to manage your hunting budget

Example:

7 days plains game in the Eastern Cape

All inclusive :$3920
7 hunting days
Trophy fees for
Cape Kudu
Impala
Springbok
Duiker

Includes :
Airport pickup and drop off in Africa's eastern cape
Professional hunter and staff
Comfortable chalet accommodations
All meals
Trophy fees
Field preparation of trophies

Not included:
Airfare to/from Africa
Accommodations enroute
Taxidermy
Return freight of trophies
Gratuities

It's a great place and a great guide.
Pm me for details

I have a questiuon. What is the arrangement (importer forwarder) for any mounts brought back. I'm familiar with import restrictions and the protracted amount of time to get clearance and possession of anything imported from Africa to the United States.

Do you have customs clearance or who do you deal with?

Re: Trophy Imports

Hello and thanks for asking!

The company we recommend for importing trophies is Coppersmith.

Our agent is Mr. Mike Lewis, who is the lead hunting trophy agent in the Chicago office. He can be contacted at [email protected]
He is highly recommended by us!

General comments:

Normally finished mounts return from Africa without issues, provided you have the correct export documentation and vet certifications as required by US Fish and Wildlife.

We have found that some countries the governmental agencies documentation can take a bit longer if you have been hunting game that requires CITES documentation (Big Five typically: Lion, Elephant, etc).

Let me know if you need help - we will try to assist.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.