Africa desert hunt

pvanwyk

Here are the results from my Kalahari desert hunt (Northern South Africa, just below Botswana, and slightly west of Namibia)last week. They had rain a few days before we arrived which turned the usual red sand dunes, into grass slopes. Very uncommon for this time of year.

The hunting was done on foot, and most shots were from the top of one dune to the top of the next dune. Made my first dial in shot of 424 yards as shown in the photo with the Springbuck. Also made a 212 yard head shot, and 332 frontal chest shot. Everything I've learnt on the forum is paying off. Thanks guys.

[image][/image]

Have also attached a photo showing the Oryx (Gemsbuck) I shot. No great shakes in terms of distance (just over 200 yards) but wanted to show all what beautiful antelope they are. Without a doubt my favourite species to hunt.

[image][/image]
Final photo showing some other sights that we came across.

[image][/image]

Thanks for the post, most enjoyable, nice critters.

The perspective seems backward on the last picture, I like it.

2SCoops,

Nice pics of what looks like a nice hunt.

I'm not sure on the view of the forum with posting this type of info - where did you hunt (i.e. name of the operation)?

It's not always easy to find Kalahari hunts that cater for hunting on foot, which is what I like to do.

I've encountered the same in Namibia where my hunting partner and I have been the only ones to venture out on foot.

If you are uncomfortable to post it, please pm me. [email protected]

Thanks and congratulations.

Wim

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts