Advise on model 70 stocks

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by streetglideok, Aug 19, 2010.

1. streetglideok

streetglideok Well-Known Member

Looking at different rifle stocks for my model 70 300RUM. Its a stainless/synthetic now. Looking to improve, full length bedding block, maybe a little more weight, etc. I do like the stock on the senderos, black with grey spider web. I take it some HS stocks dont have a palm swell? What about Bell and Carlson, and Hogue stocks? As of right now it has the standard sporter barrel on it. ​

2. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

The HS precsion or the Bell and Carlson would be fine low cost upgrades to any rifle. If it where a carry rifle I would lean more twards the Bell and Carlson I have one on my Savage and it has very slim lines and is super strong. It shrank the groups on a factory rifle to just about amazing.

Had an HS precsion on a Build Kirby did for me I think it was a PRO 2000 stock. It was down right awsome from the prone! But It would not be my first choice for a carry gun.

The stock's are both super light weight and depending on the rifles use I would opt for eather one. If I was using the rifle for supported shooting only HS precsion all the way. If Im shooting supported sometimes but still need to throw her up fast in a pinch the Bell and Carlson is my choice.

3. streetglideok

streetglideok Well-Known Member

My 300RUM does go hunting with me, but its more of a long range shooter, so something I wont be free stand shooting alot with it. I cant find a B&C medalist stock for my application. The only fully bedded stocks have been HS and Hogue. If it makes any difference, it has the 2 piece bottom with three screws holding it on.