ADVISE needed for this used rifle

Mando40459

Ok this guy is selling a Rem700 .270 win SPS with a new leupold vx2 3-9x40. the reason he is selling the rifle is because, he used somone elses reloads and according to what he says , the round blew up the inside, and he said he felt the pressure in his face. now the bolt doesnt close.. he is selling the whole set up for $125... any reccomendations in fixing the rifle? im just buying it for the scope but if i can salvage the rifle its a win win for me!

That one will have to go to a gunsmith for inspection. There is no way you can diagnose it online.

But, it looks like it's worth the risk. You can probably sell usable pieces from it and recover your money.

Do a serious visual inspection of the bolt lug area. There may be a primer or part of one lodged in there. Probe around with a dental pick or reasonable substitute.

Been there, done that.:rolleyes:

I've proof tested several REM 700 for one reason or another, none of them good reasons. It's a pretty tough action.

FWIW....

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.