Advice on Muzzle Brake???

Blow-back is really only an issue for those around you. As the shooter, you are situated directly behind the rifle and the brake will blow stuff to the sides.

I have a Vais brake on a 260 and the having holes on the bottom is not an issue for the shooter. Now my buddy shooting next to me..he's not wild about it.

Bigdaddykane, The 3 port muscle is fine for a 300 wm. The 4 port may be slightly more effective, but I think you will have all the reduction you need with the 3 port.
Before the 4 port the 3 port was going on lapuas and working better than the vias brakes at tameing recoil.

The CSR brakes are great for the smaller sporter barrels as the different dia. and thread tennons match smaller barrels. My product page pretty much list the different barrel dia. at the muzzle that the different thread tennons/brakes work on.

Bigdaddykane, The 3 port muscle is fine for a 300 wm. The 4 port may be slightly more effective, but I think you will have all the reduction you need with the 3 port.
Before the 4 port the 3 port was going on lapuas and working better than the vias brakes at tameing recoil.

The CSR brakes are great for the smaller sporter barrels as the different dia. and thread tennons match smaller barrels. My product page pretty much list the different barrel dia. at the muzzle that the different thread tennons/brakes work on.

Sounds good Jim. Thanks for all the info. I'll be contacting you directly through your business for the job.

When I was looking for a brake for my 300 Rum, I had it narrowed down to 2 choices.

1) Darrel Holland QD Brake

2) Badger Thruster (turned down to match barrel)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts