Advice on good Alaskan caribou outfitter

ROOSEVELK

Hi all,

I want to take my dad to Alaska caribou hunting for the 2013 season. Can someone recommend an outfitter and/or someone that provides drop camps or just does drops into caribou areas. I'd probably prefer an outfitter to maybe have tent food etc already there....but if not that's ok. I have everything, I've hunted elk and deer in the states forever and packed in several miles...but I'm definitely a noob when it comes to alaska...ANY advise or a point into the right direction would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance gun)

[email protected]

Lord you don't need a Guide for Caribou

Just take the ICE road dalton Highway and you will run into heards of them

Just north of Pump station 4 to pump station 2

Bring Bows.......have bow cert.

And camping gear......very cheap hunt.....

Mid to late Aug is good time for migration

5 mile zone no shooting off dalton in this area..........after 5 miles you can use rifle

Bow u can shoot off of road

Use Howard at Arrowhead outfitters as a fly in hunt in on the north slope. It's none guided but he has tons of options of gear you can rent. You will kill giant caribou and he will make sure you are in the action all the time. Don't deal with all the road hunters on the haul road. I have walked out the 5 miles before as well and packed out 3 Caribou so it can be done. What do you do if the bou are 40 miles off the road during your hunt? Trust me Arrowhead outfitters is the way to go.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.