Advice on ELR Electronics

alcesgigas

I expect to be assembling my Edge within four weeks so it's time to move into a weather gauge/wind meter gadget, tablet, and ballistics program. Maybe both interior and exterior varieties on the latter.

I'm liking the Bluetooth connectivity concept; I use Bluetooth technology all the time and its proven comfortable and consistent.

As always I appreciate your counsel, thank you.

I use a Kestrel 3500 and an I-Phone with shooter. Something else to think about when shooting ELR is a good rangefinder. Cant hit it unless you know how far it is:D

Mike

I've got a Terrapin (Vectronix PLRF05) so I'm good to go in that department. I was thinking about one of those touch tablets--there's no cell phone service here or where I hunt--to house ballistic programs. I also looked into the Kestrel 4500NV with Bluetooth and Horus Atrag; plenty bread, but could feed info into my laptop along with the chronograph and the reverse. I'm starting to feel like I'm launching ICBMs; It's going to be an exciting summer!

I've got a Terrapin (Vectronix PLRF05) so I'm good to go in that department. I was thinking about one of those touch tablets--there's no cell phone service here or where I hunt--to house ballistic programs. I also looked into the Kestrel 4500NV with Bluetooth and Horus Atrag; plenty bread, but could feed info into my laptop along with the chronograph and the reverse. I'm starting to feel like I'm launching ICBMs; It's going to be an exciting summer!

Nice choice on the RF!!!!

Just get a droid or an I phone and get the shooter app for $10. You do not need cell service to use this app on the phone. In fact while I am hunting or in remote areas I put the phone on "air plane mode" to save battery. The batt will last for days in that mode. In my opinion you will be hard pressed to find a better program for ELR. Shooter has the ability to make a correction to fine tune to the exact scope click value your scope is tracking. It also has blue tooth if want that option to input field data from a kestrel. Plus you can input multipul stepped BC's and it has spin drift and coriolis as well as it will find target angles and azmuth direction. I always use the coriolis as part of the shooting solution when going past 1000 or 1200.

Jeff

This post got moved, but it seems to continue--OK by me!

Shooter looks real good; now I've got to work out connectivity to my laptop via Bluetooth. The plan is to synthesize GPS, Kestrel, ballistic program, chronograph, and anchor in memory for later analysis and load development, etc.

So any conversation is educational and appreciated.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.