Adobe Lodge - Texas

Varmint Hunter

My buddy is interested in a Texas whitetail hunt where a decent trophy can be taken without going broke in the process. He is currently looking at the Adobe Lodge in San Angelo. A 4 day hunt runs $3,500. There appears to be a good concentration of mature bucks in and around the lodge.

Does anyone have any experience with this lodge? Any recommendations for another Texas whitetail hunting lodge?

I cant vouch for that particular ranch but i can vouch for that area of Texas. My families ranch is in San Angelo Texas, granted we are high fence, but for the first 10 years we had the property we had low fences and still killed nice deer. There is an abundance of 150+ deer in that area of Texas it all just depends on how that ranch is managed. Being that they sell hunts i would imagine that they have a good game management plan and you would have a great opportunity to take a trophy buck.

My grandfather has a ranch in Branham Texas that is game fenced and sells hunts i believe i could probably get him a $3,500 cull hunt. His culls are in the 130 - 150" range. With much bigger available up to around 190".

I can't tell when this was posted but- I hunted the Mustang Ranch area of Adobe Lodge last year and I will hunt it again this year in a about a week. The first hunt, for me, was an evening hunt. I got there a day late because of work. The first evening I saw a very nice buck but passed thinking there would be bigger game. I finally took a nice buck on the next to last day and I saw a monster on the last day :D Seems like that's how it always works.

They took some nice deer at Adobe Lodge last year. I'm looking forward to going back this year.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.