ADL to BDL?

eman308

Can I convert an LA ADL to BDL by just switchn the stock and trigger guard or is the the mag box, spring and follower different also?
Thanks,E.

At least the magazine box is different. The follower and spring may be depending on the model. I'd suggest you go to Remington Parts Information and look at the part numbers for your ADL rilfe and what you're changing too.
You can buy most parts direct from Remington. Also Brownells and Midway USA.

There are also aftermarket magazine assemblies from several companies for the 700s. You might want to consider one from Wyatt's to pick up some extra magazine length if you're building a long range rifle. Shooting Supplies, Reloading, Gunsmithing, Hunting, Ammunition, Gun Parts & Rifle Scopes — MidwayUSA carries those.

I have done this twice recently. I bought from a gunsmith all the parts needed inlcuding the stock for $85. the stock was $20 and the bottom metal including spring and follower $65. when they do builds generally the stock is not used and if a guy is building a gun with a detach mag, he isnt using the bottom metal. not sure if the spring and follewer are different, but for cheaper than new you could get both anyway. good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.