Adjusting Tikka T3 trigger. HELP! :-D

Blackwater25

I took the stock off and tried to adjust the trigger pull by inserting the small allen wrench provided with the rife inside the small black screw in front of the trigger, but I can't seem to get the dang allen wrench in there to turn it. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for the help.gun)

Good question,
I adjusted my Tikka T3 last week in about 10 seconds.
You might post a photo to help see what the problem is.

I have the same issue with mine. There is something hanging down from the action (I don't remember what, it's been a while since I looked at it) preventing me from putting the allen wrench in.

Corey

I have the same issue with mine. There is something hanging down from the action (I don't remember what, it's been a while since I looked at it) preventing me from putting the allen wrench in.

Corey

A pic would help...I adjusted mine a couple of years ago and it was easy. It will back up to the point that it bumps and willl not adjust any further. Really makes for a nice easy trigger pull after adjusting.

Its the main hex head screw that holds the trigger to the action there is also a leaf spring attached to it, this can get in the way .... take it out, that will give you access, this isn't always the case but can help.

There is also a small bit of loctite on the grub screw as well

You will find you cant completely pull the grub screw out of the trigger mechanism because this big hex screw is in the way as well.

Hope that helps

regards
S&F

Last edited:
so can you not get the allen in the set screw, or you cant get the set screw to turn, or you cant get the angle to get to the screw at all?

Well I finally got around to pulling my Tikka apart and was able to actually adjust the trigger. With the firing pin in the fired position I could not get the allen wrench in, so I think that was my issue. Anyway the trigger feels great now.

Did you guys re-locktite the screw or leave it be?

Corey

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.