Active Hunter from New Zealand!

Pahaoa

Hey everybody

My names Kyle, I come from a large sheep & beef Station called Pahaoa (pronounced pah-how) in the Wairarapa region of the North Island in New Zealand. I love general hunting and try to get out as much as possible. I enjoy hunting Rabbits, Hares & Possums at the moment but also hunt Red & Fellow deer often and the odd pig if it gets in the way lol. Our farm is very hilly and covered in bush and scrub which makes for excellent big and medium game stalking but is also great for long range hunters who can take an animal from a distance if stalking in closer is differcult or impossible.

I hunt deer (sometimes rabbits too lol) with a 30-06 in remington 700 SPS with a leupold VX-1 4-12 LR reticle, and i've got access to a suppressed Howa 223 which is awesome!

So whats everyone up to at the moment?

Welcome to Long Range Hunting Kyle. You guys have some beautiful country down there as well as a lot of beautiful game to hunt. Sure would like to visit your part of the world some day.:)

Glad to see an American knows of New Zealand :)
I suppose a hunter would know more than anybody else though.

Yeah come over for a hunt sometime lol, but i've seen some videos of american hunting and it seems like you've got plenty of deer and small game to keep you busy there for a while.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.