action needed

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by wildchild, Jan 30, 2011.

1. wildchild

wildchild Well-Known Member

Whats a good recommendation for action for use on a 338-408 cheytac based project?
    Lookn for a single shot RPLP configuration. BAT?

2. JUDD

JUDD Well-Known Member

What are you using it for Targets or hunting? I have never seen a BAT 408 action or heard from anyone who has one but if they are anything like their others I wouldn't use them as a hunting action they are to Damn tight.

Look into hte stiller actions they came up with a 408 action I'm not sure of the configurations of it they have though. I'm not really impress with the Lawton actions now I will say.

3. JARHEAD1371

JARHEAD1371 Well-Known Member

Check out the McMillan Tac-50 action.

4. zkodiak

zkodiak Well-Known Member

What about Kirby's new raptor action

5. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

I've played (very little) with a BAT in 375 Cheytac or 375 AM, I can't remember which, it did feel pretty tight, but I guarantee the guy who owns is will hunt with it; we'll see how it turns out. Stiller makes great actions, but as stated before I can't remember if they offer something big enough to handle the 408 or not. If you want some good info on Lawton I suggest going over to SnipersHide I search for "Lawton", the virtually unanimous results are that of a company spiraling downward quickly. I've never dealt with them & have only have experience with one of their actions in 408.

6. JUDD

JUDD Well-Known Member

Stiller does do a 408 action....the TAC408

7. wildchild

wildchild Well-Known Member

I had a Lawton actioned 338 lapua imp and I sold it becouse of there customer support is as crude as it gets! 4 months to get a replacement bolt stop and endless runaround with deadend phone calls and emails! After some thinking Im gunna do the lapua imp again be'n I have the dies brass and bullets. I checked out DEFIEANCE MACHINE actions today and they look promising.

8. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

I have been checkin out Defiance for a quite a while, their action "look" top notch but I have yet to put my hands on one. IIRC the owner has some sort of connection with Nesika Bay, which can't be a bad thing!