Action for .338 Lapua

Steve, Since I'm shooting .404 Jeff brass in my Heavy gun and have friends shooting Dakotas I sure would like to see the Jim Borden info. I have PS, TS, TAR, Rifle and Handloader going way back so if it was in one of them, all I need is the issue number.
Thanks,
Jay, in Idaho [email protected]

Jay,
It's PS Mag - Aug '97. The imfamous first issue of the Canyon shooting series. Title is 300 Win Mag Case Life Improvement by Jim Borden. Pg. 51

Are you using M70 actions with your 404 cases Jay? You'll see that Jim says there is a specific set of circumstances that this happenes within when using the M70. And he simply got around by opening up the reamer a little bit to more than .002 clearance and doesn't have the problem anymore. Let me know if you can't find it and I can make copies and send out to you for some winter reading material while I enjoy the good weather of NC.
wink.gif

BTW: congrat's on a good season at the Montana range. I saw where you finished pretty well in some of the aggs in LG I think. Did you make it down to Sacramento last weekend?

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.