Acraglas gel on an aluminum block?

Ankeny

I have a ton of Acraglas Gel on hand because I use it to do grip reductions on Glock pistols. I have used it to pillar bed a couple of rifles and it seems to work fine. I don't hear much about the product anymore, presumably because Marine Tex has some advantages. I am wondering, would the Acraglas work to skim bed a Weatherby Accumark or should I cool my jets and order up some Marine Tex?

I use it all the time as its easier for me to get hold of than Marine Tex and I feel it works better as a glue than some other bedding material.
BUT , I will say that when I use it to glass an action , skimm or otherwise I add atomized metal either Stainles or aluminum to it , this makes it much thicker and easier to work with and harder and less prone to any growth or shrinkage.
But I would say that it should work fine as a skim bed used alone , I just prefer some extra stuff in their

I would agree with JDJ on this one. You may want to remove any finish paint that may be in the receiver area and also rough up the exposed aluminum a bit with a course sanding drop on a dremal tool but it generally works well.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.