ACI Indicator

Chopaka81

Where can I find a vendor that has two of these in stock? Any help much appreciated. ;)
Thanks!

Mil Spec ACI's in stock 11 June 2008

We will have the Mil spec Version of the Angle cosine indicator in Stock on 11 June 2008.

Best Regards,

Ward W. Brien
President
Sniper Tools Design Company, LLC

Could you explain the differences between the mil spec and standard differences?

We will have the Mil spec Version of the Angle cosine indicator in Stock on 11 June 2008.

Best Regards,

Ward W. Brien
President
Sniper Tools Design Company, LLC

Could you explain the differences between the mil spec and standard differences?

The only difference that I see, is that the standard is water resistant and the Mil Spec is waterproof.

I have the standard and it's tough.

$109 or $141 either or it's your call.

The only difference that I see, is that the standard is water resistant and the Mil Spec is waterproof.

I have the standard and it's tough.

$109 or $141 either or it's your call.

------------------------------------------------------

That's what I see as well. I'm just trying to figure out if that's worth the extra $. Would the standard model survive unscathed through a torrential downpour lasting for a couple of days? If there's a question that it would, I would probably spend the xtra $ for the mil spec.

There's also the question of what 'waterproof' means. There's many different definitions of that word in industry. I deal with those definitions in another pursuit and you want to be sure what you're getting and be aware of equipment limitations.

I had 2 of them fail which they replaced both. I now have the sniper tools and the horus unit. The horus unit is uglier and bulkier but seems to be more bombproof.

OK guys, just a bit more info here after talking to Ward of Sniper Tools today. Even though I was on a cell phone that was breaking up, he was a patient gentleman and answered all my questions. I have a little bit of what Fiftydriver calls 'tinkeritis', so sometimes I ask a few questions...:) I'm getting therapy for that, BTW...

The mil-spec ACI/ADI is definitely a more robust unit with stronger lens and better waterproofing. If a few xtra $ isn't an issue, it might be worth looking at. The standard version can and has gotten a bit of water in it. I don't need something that is submersible rated, but if I have a couple of days of heavy rain, I want to have as few potential equipment concerns as possible. Maximize your effectiveness and the fun factor, you know?

At any rate, Ward tells me that the ADI Nightforce sells had to be mil spec for them to sell it. So, when you buy that version, you are getting the mil spec version. If you look at the price for the Nightforce ADI on a couple of sites for instance ( Nightforce Angle Degree Indicator - Nightforce Rifle Scope Angle Degree Indicator or Nightforce Angle Degree Indicator - Nightforce NXS Rifle Scopes ), you'll see the Sniper Tools/Nightforce unit with a Nightforce Picatinny/Weaver mount for what amounts to a very good price at the moment if you do some research and look at the various options to purchase and mount this unit. Ward said he liked the mount Nightforce made.

Hope this helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts