accutrigger on a preaccutrigger rifle?

sdoc

I got a steal of a deal on a 7mm with an accutrigger wondering if I can swap triggers with my savage 112 7mm stw preaccutrigger? Thanks

I love the accutrigger I have a 110 270 with it and will proubly sell the 7mm I just bought I just want the trigger on the stw I'm keeping rather than buy a trigger for $80 to $100. Just wondering if the swap would work before I try it.

It has been done and there is a thread or article over on the savage shooters forum. It requires some machining and fitting. Looked like a fairly involved process, not for the faint of heart.

It has been done and there is a thread or article over on the savage shooters forum. It requires some machining and fitting. Looked like a fairly involved process, not for the faint of heart.

I thought it was the other way around - that to install an Accutrigger on a non-AT rifle required the machining and fitting.

Just a thought, but if you sell the 7mm with the accutrigger you will be able to sell it for more money due to the much better trigger. Then you can take that extra money and put towards a Timney,RifleBasix, or Sss trigger and in the end you will have a MUCH better trigger than the factory accutrigger.

If you are set on the accutrigger it can be swapped over to the non-AT action, but like mentioned above, it will need some machining by a qualified gunsmith. The cost of that will be more than the custom trigger would be, and most gunsmiths wont do the swaps cause they'd rather just install one of the above triggers anyway.

My bad, I thought that was what he was talking about. Must have misunderstood, sorry!

I guess it depends if you're looking at his 7mm as the donor or the recipient of the non-Accutrigger! :D

Between the two of us... you can put a non-Accutrigger on an Accutrigger rifle, but it's a pain the other way around.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.