Accutip length mystery

Zombieslayer

Hello from Australia. I have been searching for days but have not been able to find any info on the length of a 300 win mag 180gr Accutip bullet. Even the Australian importer could not tell me! Can anyone help?

I would look for a better bullet than those Remington Accutips. I know yall are limited over there in Oz, but if you can get Bergers or even the Nosler Accubonds, you're looking at a much better bullet.

They're horrible bullets. My uncle lost 2 animals (one of which was a huge 10pt buck), because the bullet failed to function properly out of his .30-06 inside of 125 yards. Both of us are very skilled trackers, and we searched for what seemed like a mile of spread apart blood drops here and there, but we never found the deer. The other was a coyote he shot, and never found it either.

I've killed deer with the 180 nosler ballistictip. When the accutip came out I was going to try some, they were hard to get and as costly as the NBT. Stayed with the NBT, very happy.I think with I did change it would be a 178 or a 208 Amax.

I've killed deer with the 180 nosler ballistictip. When the accutip came out I was going to try some, they were hard to get and as costly as the NBT. Stayed with the NBT, very happy.I think with I did change it would be a 178 or a 208 Amax.
You should give the Bergers a try. I have been an Accubond fan for many many years, but have honestly never been happier with results, than I have been when I tried out my Bergers this year hunting. I don't see myself going back to Accubonds, or any of the other misc. brands of bullets I've tried over the last several decades.

The Accutip is the same bullet as the Hornady SST. Hornady makes the bullet for Remington. I've used them in my 243 but they do a tremendous amount of meat damage. Never had one to fail. Very accurate too!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.